Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Make Ahead Baked Ziti


Ok, so, I don't know about you, but I can never find ziti pasta in the store. I've made this dish with macaroni, shells, penne, but never ziti. It always turns out great, so I don't think it makes much difference which pasta you use. This time I found some really cool mini pasta rings. They are kind of like the pasta in Spaghettios. I love this dish because it only takes about 10 minutes to put together and then all you have to do is put it in the oven when you're ready to bake dinner. How great is that?!

The Ingredients

40 oz. spaghetti sauce
about 3 cups dry noodles
2 cups cottage cheese (I only had 1 1/2 cups. I added an egg and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.)
1 pound cheese: mozzarella, cheddar, monterey jack--whatever you have. I used all three :)


At Ten O'Clock

Pour a little spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. First, put in all your dry noodles, then cottage cheese, then half the grated cheese. Pour sauce over the top and then top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake.

Before Serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, covered, for one hour. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Family Approval
My husband loved it, and so did my kids. I loved it because it was so easy to prepare. It doesn't get much better than that: a delicious meal with only minutes of preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment