Thursday, February 11, 2010

Make Ahead Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

Many years ago, I made beef stroganoff and really, it was not good. I haven't really tried making it since. My friend, Kristi, gave me the idea for this recipe. She said how easy it was, and that her family really loved it.

The Ingredients

1 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can mushrooms, drained
1 cup beef broth
2 Tablespoons white wine
1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons lipton onion soup mix
1/4 cup sour cream

At Ten O'Clock

In crock pot, whisk together beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, white wine, mushrooms, lipton onion soup, and worcestershire sauce. Add beef. Cook on low all day (about 7 hours or so).

Before Serving

Boil your egg noodles. Add sour cream to crock pot. I heated my sour cream a little, so it wasn't cold when I added it to my hot crock pot.

Family Approval
Wow! This was really delicious! Not at all like my previous attempt at beef stroganoff. My whole family just gobbled it up and licked their plates clean.

~Jena

No comments:

Post a Comment