Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Make Ahead Creamy Italian Crock Pot Chicken

Ok, so the picture does not do it justice. This is one of my family's favorite meals. My kids actually beg me for this make ahead chicken dish. It's so easy to make too.


The Ingredients

4-6 chicken breasts
1 packet of Italian Dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup green onions
1 package cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup Italian dressing

At Ten O'Clock

Mix Italian dressing packet with 1/2 cup water. Add 1/2 cup Italian dressing to make a full cup. Put chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour Italian dressing mix over chicken. Cook on low about 7 hours.

Before Serving

About 30 minutes before serving: In a medium saucepan, heat and mix cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, green onions, and garlic powder. Remove chicken from crock pot. Add cream cheese mixture to Italian dressing in crock pot. Whisk until blended. Return chicken to crock pot. Cook an additional 20 minutes or so before serving. Serve over rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

Family Approval
Seriously, this is absolutely delicious. Every person in my family loves it!

~Jena

2 comments:

  1. Hey,I found your blog!! This looks delish. I think I'll try it tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a total family favorite. We love it! Thanks Jena.

    ReplyDelete