Saturday, January 23, 2010

Make Ahead Cauliflower Salad



Sometimes you just need a side dish that doesn't need to be cooked before it's served.  This yummy vegetable salad is perfect for those days.  And the longer it sits in the fridge, the better it becomes.  Plus, I loved it because it brought a little bit of summer into my cold, January evening.  I kept thinking how perfect it would be at a barbeque. 

The Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
4 slices of bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

At Ten O'Clock

Combine cauliflower, tomatoes, bacon and cheese in a bowl.  Set aside.  In a food processor, mix together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and lemon juice.  Pour over vegetables.  Chill for at least four hours.

Before Serving

Stir and serve.

Family Approval
I loved this salad.  I thought the dressing was so yummy.  My husband liked it and once we got our three year old to try it, he liked it too.   I really enjoyed it as as a light lunch the next day.  Next time I make, I'm going to up the bacon.  'Cause you can never really have too much bacon, right? 

1 comment: