Saturday, January 16, 2010

Make Ahead Pulled Pork Sandwiches


I didn't actually make this recipe, but I did eat it for dinner at a friend's house, and she did make it ahead in her crock pot just for me so I could post it on Ten O'Clock Chef. This is a great dish because it can be made either the night before or in the morning. The pork is super tender and very tasty with minimal ingredients and preparation. You can't beat it!


The Ingredients

1 pork roast
1 can chicken broth
1 onion, cut into chunky pieces
Coke

At Ten O'Clock

Place roast, onions, and chicken broth in crock pot. Cover completely with coke. If making the night before, cook on low. If making in the morning, cook on high.

Before Serving

Remove roast from crock pot. Shred into large pieces. Allow guests to make their own sandwiches and top with your favorite BBQ sauce.

Family Approval
Yummy, yummy, good! Everyone loved this meal. My friend put it in the crock pot in the morning, but she did say she prefers making it the night before and cooking it on low because the pork is even more juicy and tender. I loved it the way it was, so I don't think you can go wrong whenever you decide to cook it. Thanks Kaylene!

~Jena

2 comments:

  1. I tried this, and it was yummy! I didn't have any Coke, so I used Diet Dr Pepper, and it still came out great! The meat was so flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved this. We did it overnight and it was so good. It makes a ton! I'm thinking leftover pork enchiladas??

    ReplyDelete